Due to the changed lifestyle of people, there are a myriad of orthopedic diseases and related injuries. Conditions mainly affects joints the musculoskeletal system of the body.
In general orthopedics refers to an umbrella term which includes number of specialties such as:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Joint replacement surgery
- Back and spine injury
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Sports medicine
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Pain Management
Arthritis comprises of several rheumatic diseases and condition which mainly affects the joints and the nearby tissues. It may be caused due to injury, metabolic and genetic factors, infection, and immune system dysfunction.
- Osteoarthritis – This occurs when the protective cartilage of the bones start getting weak. The symptoms include joint pain and stiffness.
- Osteoporosis – In this bone become very weak and brittle. Risk factors include low body weight, aging, low sex hormones, smoking etc.
Autoimmune disease treatment
Autoimmune disease is a condition where our own body is not capable of distinguishing between healthy and foreign cells as a result cause various types of diseases. The symptoms include debilitating muscles and joint pain, fever, rashes, tiredness etc.
Common autoimmune diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system are:
Rheumatoid Arthritis – It is an autoimmune disease which causes inflammation, swelling, pain and stiffness in the joints.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) – It is an inflammatory disease which follows a relapsing and remitting course. The common symptoms include:
- Fever and fatigue
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Butterfly shaped rashes on the face.
- Headaches, confusion and memory loss
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Ill feeling and general discomfort
- Mouth sores
Joint replacement surgery
Joint replacement surgery is the process in which an arthritic or damaged joint is removed and replaced with a new one made up of metal, plastic or ceramic device called prosthesis.
The common surgeries involve Hips and knees replacement.
Back and spine injury
Spinal cord and back injuries can cause partial paralysis, lack of sensation, chronic pain and even more serious symptoms.
Foot and ankle surgery
Foot and ankle surgery deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of foot and ankle disorders.
Some common conditions include Achilles Tendon Injuries, Arthritis of the Foot and Ankle, Acute Fractures, Sprains and Strains etc.
Sports medicine deals with the diagnosis, prevention, and management of sport- and exercise-related injuries, disorders, and disease processes.
Physical and occupational therapy
Physical and occupational therapies are the two non-surgical approaches with the goal of resolving all the body dysfunctions.
Orthopedic Pain Management is a process of providing a wide range of services and procedures that are focused on the needs of the patients.
CELL Gen Treatment
CELL Gen stem cell therapy is mainly five step simple procedures as discussed below:
- Pre-examination – Condition of the disease is examined by few radiological and pathological tests. Based on which further treatment will be decided.
- Sample source extraction – Cell therapy is performed using patients own autologous cells, which begins with sample extraction. Using advanced technologies and globally accepted medical standards, the source extraction is done either from – bone marrow or adipose tissue.
- Lab processing – Once the sample is extracted, it goes under processing, quality testing and quantity of stem cells yielded.
- Stem cell implantation – After retrieving stem cells, they are implanted in to the patient at the area to be treated. For which various techniques are being used based on the disease condition.
- Post treatment care – Usually patients are relieved from the hospital after few hours of the treatment however in certain cases doctor’s observation is required for a day or two.