Getting to know Dr. Varsha Baste, a Visionary & Revolutionary Healthcare Expert
Dr. Varsha Baste is an Infertility Expert & Gynaecologist in Nashik. She has founded Baste Hospital which is more than 25 years old with 3D/4D Ultrasonography & Endoscopy, Pushpa IVF/ICSI Fertility Center, that has completed 14 years and recently, the much awaited, Cell Gen Anti Ageing Center and Medi Spa that offers various anti-aging rejuvenation treatments.
Q. What is the Cell Gen Anti Ageing Center about?
A. CellGen Anti Ageing Center is a state of the art facility, equipped with advanced technology and an extensively trained team. It is the first of its kind in Western India. Along with Infertility cases, it offers autologous stem cell treatments for ‘No Hope Disorders’ like Auto immune diseases, Orthopaedic & Neurological diseases, etc.
Q. What are stem cells?
A. Stem cells are the building blocks of the body. They are special, immature cells that can grow into more than 200 types of cell in the body, such as a muscle cell, blood cell, nerve cell. Stem cells also divide & create identical copies of themselves which repair & replace worn out, damaged tissue.
Q. Tell us a little more about Stem Cell Therapy?
A. Stem cell therapy is a revolutionary branch of Regenerative Medicine. Although still in research phases for some chronic diseases, it has been known to provide results to patients with diabetes, sports injuries, osteoarthritis, liver and kidney problems, etc.
Another interesting feature of this therapy is its proven use and results in Cosmetology. Face and Body Rejuvenation, Hair Restoration, Pigmentation Removal, Wrinkle & Scar Removal and skin treatments are now non-invasive & harmless, without side effects. Cell Gen has the first stem cell therapy instrument for Cosmetology in India.
Q. In which conditions can Stem Cells be used?
A. There is wide application of stem cells for various diseases.
Chronic diseases: Diabetes Mellitus, early renal failure.
Orthopaedic: osteoarthritis, ligament tear, sports injuries, avascular necrosis of head of femur, non-healing fractures, ankylosing spondylitis, chondromalacia patellae.
Hepatic diseases: Liver Cirrhosis, liver fibrosis
Gastrointestinal diseases: Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease
Neurological diseases: stroke, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, cerebral atrophy, autism, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, ALS, Parkinson’s disease.
Cardiac diseases: cardiomyopathy, myasthenia gravis, arteritis.
Anti-ageing: Face and whole body rejuvenation, skin rejuvenation, hair treatment, pregnancy stretch mark removal etc.
Q. What is the procedure and how is Stem Cell Therapy done?
A. CELL Gen stem cell therapy is mainly five step simple procedure:
- Pre-examination– Condition of the disease is examined by few radiological and pathological tests. Based on which further treatment will be decided.
- Sample source extraction– Cell therapy is performed using patients own autologous cells, which begins with sample extraction. Using advanced technologies and globally accepted medical standards, the source extraction is done either from – bone marrow or adipose tissue.
- Lab processing– Once the sample is extracted, it goes under processing, quality testing and quantity of stem cells yielded.
- Stem cell implantation– After retrieving stem cells, they are implanted in to the patient at the area to be treated. For which various techniques are being used based on the disease condition.
- Post treatment care– Usually patients are relieved from the hospital after few hours of the treatment however in certain cases doctor’s observation is required for a day or two.